Based in Vancouver, B.C. Canada
ETA Early 2021
Spend your teenage years on an alien planet in this narrative life sim with card-based battles. Explore, grow up, and fall in love. The choices you make and skills you master over ten years will determine the course of your life and the survival of your colony.
Exocolonist is being developed by Northway Games.
- 1000 story events - too much to experience in one lifetime, but luckily you'll have many.
- 200 battle cards - loosely based on poker rules, make the best hand from cards like Up to your Knees in Mud (adjacent cards get +1) and Testing on Humans (cards to the right become blue)
- 50 endings - find every way to die, aim to become Governor one day, or live a simple life as a botanist and let others take care of the monster-slaying.
- 25 jobs - goof off behind the counter as a depot clerk, or join a survey team and chart the Valley of Vertigo.
- 15 skills - will you focus on empathy and organization, or train up your toughness and bravery?
- 10 dateable characters - dogboys, aliens, hot politicians and cold-as-ice killers. Can you guess what your childhood friends will grow up to be?
Logo & Icon
Articles about design and development of Exocolonist NorthwayGames.com.
About Northway Games
Northway Games is Colin and Sarah Northway, a husband and wife indie team who travel the world making games. No, really: Northway Games has set up shop in places as wide ranging as Costa Rica, the Philippines, Panama, Honduras, Mexico, Malta and Japan. They are now semi-stationary in Vancouver, Canada where they have room to stretch out and work on roomscale VR games.
More information on Northway Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
I Was a Teenage Exocolonist Credits
Designer, coder, writer, etc
Characters, sprites, animation
Creature sprites, writing
Concept art, backgrounds
UI Design, consulting