Based in Vancouver, B.C. Canada
May 29, 2015
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville is a strategy sim game with a good helping of narrative and dark humor. It's a thoughtful game that'll make you fond of your survivors before you send them to their deaths for the greater good. As you expand your fort to new buildings, you'll decide between farms or fortifications, housing or hospitals, and make tough decisions to fend off raiders, illness, starvation, and madness. And the dead are still out there wandering the streets, hungrier than ever.
Gangs of Deadsville is the third of my (Sarah Northway's) Rebuild series, and the first one available as a full PC downloadable. It's a totally new, much bigger game than the first two. In many ways Rebuild 1 (Flash) and 2 (Flash + mobile) were prototypes for this game. Rebuild 3 was written entirely while traveling. We are nomadic game developers and worked on Rebuild 3 in over a dozen countries!
- 4X style strategy and city (re)building
- Endless replayability with randomized cities and events
- Survivors with individual personalities, skills, perks, and stories
- Rival NPC forts with their own agendas, friendly or otherwise
- Play in either real-time or turn-based and swap on the fly
- A whole book's worth of text events
- Campaign Mode, a journey through cities of increasing size and difficulty
Logo & Icon
- "Cannibals and priest bikers in Sarah Northway's Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville"
- Jessica Conditt, Engaget
- "Suburban Survival: Rebuild - Gangs Of Deadsville"
- Adam Smith, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "We built this city: A hands-on preview with Rebuild: Gangs of Deadsville"
- Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
Articles about design and development of Rebuild 3 rebuildgame.com.
Rebuild 3 was developed all over the world, here are some pictures flickr.com.
About Northway Games
Northway Games is Colin and Sarah Northway, a husband and wife indie team who travel the world making games. No, really: Northway Games has set up shop in places as wide ranging as Costa Rica, the Philippines, Panama, Honduras, Mexico, Malta and Japan. They are now semi-stationary in Vancouver, Canada where they have room to stretch out and work on roomscale VR games.
More information on Northway Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Rebuild 3: Gangs of Deadsville Credits
Design, Code, Writing, Art
Lindsay Jorgensen, Sara Gross, Pana Stamos
Art and Illustration
Rupert Lally and Espen J. Jorgensen, Dren Mcdonald
Music and Sound